Kyiv Medical University of UAFM (KMU)
In the consolidated rating of Ukrainian universities 2018, Kyiv Medical University was ranked 119th among 237 higher education institutions. In 2018 Kyiv Medical University was ranked 8th among all Ukrainian higher education institutions by passing score level.KMU ranked 6th among the top 10 private universities in Ukraine.
It is ranked 25th among 61 higher education institutions in Kyiv. During the enrolment campaign of 2018, Kyiv Medical University of UAFM took 5th place among 10 best medical universities with the best External Independent Evaluation average scores. As of May 2019, about 1120 foreign students study at KMU from 56 countries.
- The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine medical colleges is very good. The students get higher medical education as per the State and International Standards of Education.
- The government is always there to help the universities in resolving research and financial issues in education.
- The expense of MBBS and accommodation in Ukraine is very low.
- No donation is required to be paid by the student for getting admission in a medical college in Ukraine.
- Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held in the medical colleges that keep the students fit and active. They get an exposure to the Ukrainian culture and knowledge.
- The students are encouraged to take part in various seminars and international conferences. They will attend elective courses and learn the effective methods of treatment using complementary/alternative medicine.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine manages all the medical universities of Ukraine. These medical universities of Ukraine offer the best value for medical education for students from around the world in terms of quality, infrastructure and cost.
- Kyiv Medical University has an excellent environment for foreign students.
- Students can enjoy the facilities like the gym, sports club, a cultural club at the institute premises.
- The University has a student council that moderates the activities for international students.
- On 3 November 2017, the University won 1st place in a game of football conducted by the higher educational establishments of the territory of Darnytskyi district of Kyiv.
- The college has a student's forum which enhances the self-governing and leadership activities among the students
- Upon the completion of the studies at the University, young professionals can use the knowledge and skills of both classical and traditional/complementary medicine in their daily practice.
Pharmacognosy, Phytotherapy, Homeopathy, Manual Therapy, Reflex Therapy are some of the examples of elective courses in complementary medicine. After graduating from the university, prospective students receive state standard diploma of higher medical education. Presently there are about 1120 foreign students at KMU from 56 countries.
As a university with the highest level of accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, all degrees issued to foreign students are legalized and recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine or the Embassy.
The Kyiv Medical University of UAFM is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (accreditation certificate is РІ-IV №1110158 — 09.09.2011) and licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for the 4th accreditation level (license is AD № 072575 — 13.08.2012).
The university's Foundation for the advancement of international medical education and research (FAIMER) School ID is F0002349.
Presently KMU has 165 staff members which include 97 associate professors, 37 doctors of medicine, 7 honored doctors of Ukraine.
Most of them have scientific degrees together with the great experience of pedagogical work. Special attention is given to every student to make the graduates competitive professional doctors on the national and international labor markets.
Moreover, student government initiatives allow students to enjoy active student life. The main goal of the University's teaching staff is to train highly qualified medical professionals. To encourage this, the University is fully equipped with great material base, modern medical facilities, computerized lecture halls, international scientific research database.
The university is also registered in the AVICENNA Directory which is maintained by the University of Copenhagen in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), hence KMU is fully recognized by the WHO.
Kyiv Medical University of UAFM (KMU) is recognized and listed in all relevant international directories of medical universities such as the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Graduates are eligible to write the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) and certificates are recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in the US and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification and Licensure hence may pursue residency and postgraduate education in these countries.
KMU is recognized by the Ghana Dental and Medical Council, Nigerian Dental and Medical Council, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, European Council of Medicine, Indian Medical Council and General Medical Council of UK, just to name a few.
It has joint research and partnership relations with many scientific institutions of the former USSR and various countries, such as Medical University of Warsaw in Poland, Center of Control and Prophylaxis of Diseases of Department of Health Protection (CDC, US), the southern Kazakhstan scientific and practical conference with international participation and contract with Knurów Sląsk Hospital.